Are you taking the time to brush your teeth properly? Many people still struggle with oral health problems despite their brushing. If this sounds like you, then consider the possibility you may be skipping essential steps. To help people understand the proper way to brush for positive oral health, our dentist, Dr. Keith Kitchens with Windward Dental Care in Alpharetta, Georgia, is happy to talk to you about brushing your teeth.
Here are some tips for brushing your teeth properly and effectively:
-The current standard for brushing correctly include making sure you take your time when brushing so that a standard brushing session would last you slightly over 2 minutes. Make sure to brush twice a day.
– If your toothbrush is older than 5 months, it will need to be replaced. For youth toothbrushes, they will need to be replaced even sooner.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle, except for your front teeth. Brush those vertical.
– To help lower your risk for other bacteria and germs, never let anyone else use your toothbrush.
– Your tongue also needs to be cleaned. You can scrub it with a toothbrush or a tongue scraper.
– Brushing your teeth gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush can help lower your chances of damaging your teeth by causing abrasion.
As you can see, brushing your teeth has many steps that will help you keep your teeth healthy and strong throughout your life. If you have any more questions about your oral health, or if you would like to learn more, please call us today at 770-569-7580 to make an appointment. Our team is always happy to help you and your smile.